Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sneak Peak at New 15mm Modern Russians From Eureka Miniatures

While cruising around looking for information on 15mm modern Russians and following up on Eureka's 300 Club project for the same, I stumbled across a blog by an Australian gent called "Wargaming With Barks". Imagine my delight when he had posted pictures of the majority of the range.

Traditional Helmets
Sphera Helmets

While I won't be so crass as to pull all the images off of his blog and re-post them here, I have nicked one simage to post above. Please visit his blog to see the rest and get the full story.

I did ask if he knew how long it would be before we would see these released and he said he believed they were about two months out. I emailed Nic Robson at Eureka to ask, but he is away at Salute and I'll have to wait until he gets back for a direct answer. It's also worth a quick note that in addition to the extensive range of Modern Russians we are also going to see Chechens released near or at the same time. 

Looks like 15mm Alcovia is about to get A LOT easier.

In the meantime, and because I want to make use of these figures to their fullest, I'll be converting some existing minis to militia minis. Most of these are Peter Pig AK-47 and Old Glory NVA figures that I'veh ad languishing about for a bit. I might even be able to mix a few of my Old Glory Vietnam era U.S. Troops as it seems that a fair number of American assault rifles seem to make it into the hands of modern European militias. In fact, whole caches of US arms turned up in raids in Chechnya.

-Eli

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Eli

Pleasantly delighted by these minis. Nicely posed and proportioned.

Cheers
Mark

Eli Arndt said...

As was I. I did not expect Eureka to hit the ground running on this release. I am eager to see what remains in the Russian range and what the Chechens will come out looking like.

-Eli

Mark said...

Both Maff and I are thinking Traveller Mid Tech for these rather than Ruskies as we have plenty of 20mm and more to come from MJ Figures around July.

Cheers
Mark

Eli Arndt said...

Great minds. These will work double dury for me.