Sunday, April 17, 2011

Old Terrain Test [Updated]


Today Mark, Maff and myself were all discussing terrain options through email, trying to determine what sort of terrain bits would be needed for a good Alcovian battlefield. One of the things that came up was an old project I have made, nicknamed Kardograd.


When I was big into FOW, I had built town out of carboard scaled to 15mm. As the town was built on the fly and without any sort of measuring it's a little vague in it's actual scale. It included several multi-story ruins as well as many totally ruined buildings reduced to mere corners. The centerpiece had been a church, complete with bell tower. All of this was made on the fly for a game of FOW that was supposed to be played the next day. All of it was unfinished and constructed for maximum functionality by game time. The game was a success and great fun.


Flash forward to Alcovia and I pulled Kardograd out of it's tattered box to see if it would work for the 20mm figs and vehicles that I had for the Alcovia project. I snapped a few pictures of a building full of troops as well as some laid out in a sample street.

I think it works well. Take a look and tell me what you think...

 For more on this terrain check out this post on my main blog, I See Lead People.





3 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

It's in scale for 20mm alright.

Mark said...

Brilliant mate! Told you. That city block (bottom left) looks pure Vilnius from Ghost Recon.

Cheers
Mark

Eli Arndt said...

Thanks gents!

Some of the doors a bit wee, but nobody's counting. The difference really is about the same as you have with the differences between different lines of minis/terrain.

BTW, bottom left and right are same piece front and back.